It’s been a half vacation/half work week for me this week. Megan is out of town with Ashton (my oldest), so that leaves me, Tate (8), and Hayden (2). I’ve learned you really don’t know what it’s like to take care of a 2 year old 24/7 until…well…you take care of a 2 year old 24/7. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed having the one on one time with my younger girls! But this darling 2 year old has driven me to create a few Mr. Mom’s guiding principles. When dad is the main care giver of a 2 year old, the following guidelines will be adhered to:
- Thou shall not expect thine hair to ever look as good as when mommy does it.
- Thou shall not have a cookie until you finish your supper…even if you continue to ask 163 times.
- Thou shall not live on green beans alone. Though shall eat everything else put before you. One cannot live on milk, green beans, and Cheez-it’s alone.
- Thou shall crawl up into your dad’s lap at the end of the night and fall asleep as he lightly rubs your back. This would take the place of flopping around like a fish out of water as your dad attempts to calm you and get you to sleep.
- Thou shall not fill thine pants unless we are at OUR OWN HOUSE. I will not be changing diapers at Walmart, or any public place for that matter. Men’s restrooms are some of the most disgusting places on the planet. I ought to know as I am one.
Glad Megan and Ashton will be back Friday night!